Exclusive Butler School Limited ("EBS") is committed to protecting the privacy of our students, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience.
We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through any of our offices or group of companies is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
Information Gathered from Visitors
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit. Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website.
Where registration is required, EBS may collect relevant personal details from you including, but not limited to, your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number and other relevant information.
How the Information is Used
This information is held, used and disclosed by EBS as follows:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a student or client;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to process your payments and keep internal records;
- to enhance the visitor’s experience when using the website to display personalised content and possibly advertising;
- to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- to trusted third parties where the course is being offered in partnership with an outside training provider such as Maritime Skills Academy. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as EBS;
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as EBS;
- we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above;
- EBS does not sell, rent or lease its database to third parties;
- our website may also use a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. Also they may be used to track your return visits to the website.
You can find out more about the cookies we use on this website on our Cookies Policy page.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
You also have the right to ask EBS to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, ie that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
If you would like to make a request for information or to be removed from our system, please email our Data Protection Officer (DPO) on email@example.com.
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transferral to another website - where data privacy practices may be different to that of EBS. Visitors should consult the other websites' privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
We use Google Analytics to record visitors and pages visited on the website. Data recorded includes:
- URL – the URL of the page the user is viewing
- Title – the title of the page the user is viewing
- Browser name – the browser the user is using
- Viewport or Viewing pane – the size of the browser window
- Screen resolution – the resolution of the user’s screen
- Java enabled – whether or not the user has Java enabled
- Location – this is derived from the IP address where the hit originated. The IP address itself is not available in Google Analytics as it is personally identifiable information (PII) which violates the terms of Google Analytics.
- Language – derived from the language settings of the browser.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
If you have any enquiries you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org